Are You Ready to Plan Your Fall Landscape?
In our region of St. Louis, Missouri, a fire pit would fit nicely into anyone’s fall landscape plans. The days are shorter and the nights are crisper. And with today’s hardscape features, you and your guests can enjoy more time outside late into the autumn season.
And that’s why a fire pit should be on your landscape to do list this fall. Fire pits allow you to stay warm by the fire’s glow. And we, at RF Landscape Services, are ready to design and build your fire pit for all of your fall festivities.
Here are some general facts that you need to know about fire pits:
- Check with your municipality or HOA to see if you are allowed to have a fire pit on your property. Some Subdivisions or Municipalities have restrictions on outdoor fir pits.
- Look over your budget and decide how much you can spend on a fire pit Project.
- Where do you want to put your fire pit? Will it be built on your patio? In your outdoor living room? Or out on another part of your property perhaps near the woods?
- Consider adding some lights and built-in seating for your fire pit. LED lights are easy to install and can add more soft lighting to your fire pit area. Built-in seating not only allows your guests a place to sit, but it also completes your fire pit’s look built.
- You have many choices for fueling your fire pit. Natural gas or wood-burning pits are the most popular. If you like the crack and glow of a traditional fire then a wood pit is the way to go. If you rather not have to bother with cutting and stacking firewood, then a gas fueled pit may be the better option for you.
- Remember fire safety. Even though you have a professionally fire pit, you still need to take some precautions when working with fire. For example, make sure that you know the wind direction before you light your pit so the flames won’t be shooting back toward your home. Plus, you need to make sure that there are no fire restrictions in your township before you light up your pit.
We Build More Than Fire Pits
At RF Landscape Services, we can build you many other types of hardscaped features that will add to your outdoor entertainment. In addition to fire pits, we can build:
- Outdoor fireplaces
- Outdoor barbeques
- And many more hardscape and landscape features. Call us for more information.
Are you ready to have some friends over for s’mores and hot chocolate around your newly designed fire pit in Mid, South, and West Counties or in St. Louis proper? Then give us a call at 314-487-6400 or fill out our contact form at
Hammerbeck, Pauline. “Considering a Backyard Fire Pit? Here’s What You Should Know,” All State Insurance blog:
RF Landscape Services. “Backyard Paradise Design and Development,”
Sharp, Jo Ellen Meyers. “Fire Pits Picking Up Pace with Indiana Homeowners,” Angie’s List: